Monday, October 13, 2008

A Monstrosity that Must be Stopped!

Well, sembreak starts today until November 10, so one month of no classes!

Anyway, the monstrosity in question is NOT Uwe Boll for once, I am talking about an automotive disaster, they make horrible looking cars, they suck, and it's Korean. Yes, I am talking about the guys that try to pass themselves off as Benz, a name that strikes fear in the eyes of automotive enthusiasts... SSANGYONG!

Foul beast! Back to the Abyss from whence you came!

So you're wondering why they're so bad? Let me show you:

The weird bit is the rear window, is there any reason it's not connected to the main design? I think they just took one of their SUVs and added a poorly assembled extension. Imagine the rear part of the car gone, it looks A LOT like an SUV, my hypothesis may be correct.

Poorly made in MS Paint!

See? Now doesn't that look better?

This is a Ssangyong Concept car:

You know how that looks like?
2007 Toyota Camry, I got nothing more to say.

One last offender, and a personal favorite of mine:

...

The Ssangyong "Actyon" you know whats wrong with this car?
  1. Looks like it has Down's Syndrome.
  2. Looks like they couldn't decide whether to make a round car or an angular one, so they did both... IN ONE CAR.
  3. "Actyon"?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? This car would certainly make me not get any "Actyon", it will make me stay a virgin for the rest of my life!
Another problem with Ssangyong is that they pick out the stupidest names for their cars, like the Ssangyong "Rexton", Rexton sounds like the kid that got always picked on in class. The aformentioned Actyon and the "Chairman" which looks like a Lincoln Town car ripoff, Chairman?! The car naming process probably went down like this:

Exec: Boys, our new luxury car is complete and all it needs is a name! We want something that sounds fancy and something that sounds very dignified.
Employee: Sir, how about the "Chairman"
Exec: Hmmm, I like it!

Now the above passage may not be funny but the point I'm trying to make is why Chairman? Why not President? Was Senator taken? What about the Ssangyong Barangay Captain??? Does that sound good to you?!?!?!

Korean cars have made a name for themselves lately, we are seeing more Hyundais on the road and Kia is improving (although I wont buy one, trauma) Hyundais actually look good! and the problem is that if Ssangyong doesn't step up, they'll be eaten alive.

The thing with cars is that they don't only have to run well, they have to have the looks to match, I don't care if this car is safer than Volvo, I don't freaking care if this car cures cancer! What matters is it looks ugly and and I wouldn't be caught dead in it.

No comments: