Wednesday, August 27, 2008

This week in Review: The CAMPI Motorshow 2008

Just last Sunday, my dad and I went to the CAMPI Motorshow. My motorsport fanaticism got the best of me this time, looking at all the great cars, unable to resist the allure of those smooth, curvy, oh so well proportioned... Sorry, lost my train of thought there for a moment. Anyway, it was great! There was a notable abscence of one manufacturer though, Mercedes Benz. The luxury car giant isn't a part of the CAMPI, so you could imagine the dissapointment of me, a Lewis Hamilton fan, over the abscence of a true automotive giant. There were cars that made up for it though:

Oh baby, where have you been all my life?
V8? Oh baby!

That, my friends, is an Audi R8. Truly, mind-blowingly, beautiful.

And don't forget one of the sport car greats:

You're beautiful, You're beautiful, It's true

Yes, it's turbo, I checked

Porsche Carrera 911 Turbo, the ultimate version of the ultimate sports car.

One more for the road? Why not?


The 335i Coupé

The tires are barely painted on those 20's

Ah yes, the BMW 335i Coupé, literally baby steps away from an M3

In the Midst of all this madness, I remembered something, this show actually had a theme! That's right, this year's motorshow was supposed to be about clean, fuel eficient, green cars. Green cars?! Yeah green, GREEN WITH ENVY! There were a few stuff like Kia's new fuel cell system diagram thingy but it didn't spark my interest enough to take a picture of it.

Heading to the extension of the building, I found what I oh so longed for:


Support your team! Go Lewis!

Benz! Benz! Benz! Sure they weren't the latest models, but it's still a Benz nonetheless.

It's kinda sad to say that another car manufacturer has been infected by the plague:
The Badge! It screams!!!

I can only hold the badge and hide the pain under my smile. Volvo, why can't you hear my plea?

Well, anyways, in summary the show was good! Can't wait for the next one. It didn't really keep with the theme that much but who really cares? All we need is a few models and a few exotics (exotic cars, that is) and you have a great show on your hands.

No comments: