Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Screaming Badges

First off, I would like to dedicate this article to my Dad, while we spent hours gazing at cars, he pointed this out.

Screaming Badges, what are they you ask? Is it a badger that screams when you get close to it? Is it another (gasp) UWE BOLL MOVIE?! Thankfully, it's neither, especially the latter. I'm talking about the badges on cars you know, one of these things:
So now you hopefully know what I'm talking about.

I am a huge car and motorsports fanatic. I've loved cars for as long as I can remember. Cars in the 90's, when I was born, looked pretty good, sensual, practical, more rounded edges, but something has gone awry in recent years, a current trend in automobile designing where they inflate their badges so that you can see them from a mile away.


Seriously, the camera seems to be a good twenty or so feet from the car, look at that! It kinda spoils the look for me.

More examples:

Hello sir, I am a Toyota.
DO YOU NOT SEE THAT I AM A TOYOTA, BLIND MAN?!

I am a nostalgic person, I love classic cars. Fastback Muscle cars of the 60's and 70's had an underrated look to it. You wouldn't know that that car is gonna smoke your ass when you floor the gas pedal.
Under the hood, 400 horses of pure power.

Hopefully, designers will see the light! We don't want to know your car when it appears over the horizon. There used to be a certain charm when you got surprised with the car you just saw, now however, these cars are shaking their J-Lo asses around screaming, "I'M A BENZ, I'M A BENZ, SUCK MY DIIICK, I'M A BENZ!"

No comments: