Thursday, December 11, 2008

My first encounter with the grainy kind

Hmm, last Sunday we ate at Mexicali, and then it happened... A moment that will be etched in my mind for as long as I live... I, Mark Ramos, have, for the first time in the sixteen years I have been living on this Earth, eaten rice.

Now I can hear all of you right now, "What? What's wrong with that?" You don't get it yet, I have not eaten rice since the day I was born. Why, you ask? It's all just personal preference, but some of my college friends won't stop heckling me about it, I JUST DON'T FUCKING LIKE IT OKAY! As a Filipino, this makes me somewhat of an oddity, when almost 99.99% of Filipinos eat rice, I prefer not to. I once told my Dad, "When all Filipinos die of some freaky rice shortage, I'll be the only one left, I'll be Legend"

Made in MS Paint... Again!


So yeah, this is one hell of a milestone for me, but you know what? I still hate it.

Why? I just don't get it, it's tasteless and does nothing more than just stare at you... with its cold blooded eyes.

Oh the horror...

So I guess I'll just go through this lifetime without ever liking the evil grain, but maybe... Just maybe... Nah.

NARRATOR:
Will our hero ever eat rice? Will he fall into the evil forces of the grain? Can this blog get any stupider? Find out next time at the thrilling conclusion of... MARKED AND LOCKED ON DOT BLOGSPOT DOT COM! (never happening)

2 comments:

Iggy said...

I think you were around six months old when mom fed you some rice with tinola soup...and you choked on the muthafuckaz! I think that was the first and last time you ate rice. Well, until Mexicali. :D

MarkEl said...

DAMN! That explains my hatred for rice! The mystery is solved!